Canyonlands 4X4 & River Cruise $155 Adult & $135 Youth
Experience Canyonlands on a tour that takes you from mesa top to river bottom. A backcountry 4X4 trail and calm water Colorado River trip that is unmatched.
In the morning, we'll travel in comfortable four-wheel-drive vehicles through the Island in the Sky district of Canyonlands National Park. Professional guides show you the sights that many miss. Our route will take us to the famous switchbacks of Shafer Trail and along the White Rim sandstone layer. Numerous stops allow for excellent photographic opportunities.
We transfer to RHIB boats for a scenic calm water tour through the Colorado river gorge known as Meander Canyon. A riverside picnic is served below Dead Horse Point. We'll go to a natural stone alcove called the Grotto and visit a petrified forest where entire trees are exposed.
Canyonlands National Park is a showcase of geology. Layer upon layer of sedimentary rock have formed and the Colorado River carves a channel through these rock layers. This one day tour covers a lot of country and is ideal for people with limited time.
Call us toll free 1-800-833-1278
Your one-day Canyonlands 4x4 & calm water Colorado River cruise begins at 8:00 AM at the NAVTEC office in Moab. Please arrive at our office 15 minutes early. We return to our office at about 6:00 PM. Trip departure dates detailed below. Lunch is included. Reservations recommended.
- Daily March through October
- 8:00 AM -- departure from NAVTEC office
- 12:30 PM -- meet RHIB at Colorado River
- 6:00 PM -- approximate return to Moab
||$155/Adult & $135/Youth (16 and under) + tax
- National Park Tour by Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
- Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat tour
- Quality buffet style lunch with ice water & lemonade
- Coast Guard approved life jackets, river bags and camera box
- Pick-up from your motel or campground, if needed
- Parking available at the NAVTEC office
- Licensed experienced guide service
- Soft drinks (bring your own -- we provide a cooler and ice)
- Park Entrance Fees ($10 per person, $25 maximum, or park pass)
- Gratuities to guides
- Signature on required "Acknowledgement of Risk" form
|What to bring:
- Reusable water bottle (we have the refills)
- Sturdy footwear, please no flip flops
- Light colored clothing
- Light fleece jacket
- Spring or Fall rainsuit (just in case)
- Spring and Fall base layers: long johns, sweater, polartec, wool
- Long sleeve shirt if you're sensitive to the sun
- Sun screen and lip balm
- Hat with a visor (a must for sun protection)
- Sunglasses with securing strap
- Camera, carried at own risk
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS:
Call us at 1-800-833-1278
- $15 per person deposit is required to confirm space on the trip. Your balance or final payment is due no less than 2 days prior to trip departure. Reservations made within 2 days of departure require payment in full when the trip is booked.
- Cancellations made 48 hours or more prior to departure receive a full refund less a $10 per person cancellation fee. Sorry no refunds within 48 hours of departure WITHOUT EXCEPTION.