Calm-water cruise $99 Adult & $89 Youth
The Colorado River enters a vast sandstone wilderness as it flows south out of the Moab valley. Here the river has no rapids but runs slow and easy deep within majestic canyons. This beautiful and peaceful section of Canyonlands is named Meander Canyon. Traveling by rigid hull inflatable boat (RHIB) makes this personal tour on the Colorado River a favorite by many of our guests.
Explore the natural beauty of the Colorado on our half-day motorized scenic tour. Unravel the geology of the area beneath two thousand foot canyon walls. We travel in small groups along calm waters. Knowledgeable guides lead you aboard RHIB’s on a colorful adventure. Choose either a morning or afternoon departure to suit your schedule.
We stop to see Indian rock art and ruins. Listen for Canyon Wrens as we float under Dead Horse Point. Take a short walk to a petrified forest millions of years old. Cruise around the Goose Neck of the Colorado to views of Canyonlands only seen from the river. Then we turn around to see it from the other angle.
Call us toll free 1-800-833-1278
Half-day calm water tours depart at 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM from NAVTEC Expeditions. Our office is located at 321 N. Main Street in Moab, UT. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. The trip is 5 hours long and operates March through October. All ground transportation is included. Reservations are recommended, certain trip minimums apply.
- 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM -- Morning trip
- 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM -- Afternoon trip
||$99 Adult & $89 Youth (16 and under)
- Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat
- ice water & lemonade
- Coast Guard approved life jackets, river bags and camera box
- Ground transportation from our office to the river put-in and return
- Pick-up from your motel or campground, if needed
- Licensed experienced guide service
- Soft drinks (bring your own -- we provide a cooler and ice)
- Rain jacket and fleece (especially spring and fall)
- Reusable water bottle, we have the refills
- Sturdy footwear (no flip flops please)
- Gratuities to guides
- Signature on required "Acknowledgement of Risk" form
|What to bring:
- Reusable water bottle (we have the refills)
- Sturdy footwear, Please No flip flops
- Light colored quick dry clothing (not cotton)
- Spring or Fall rainsuit (just in case)
- Spring and Fall base layers: long johns, sweater, polartec, wool
- Small day pack
- Long sleeve shirt if you're sensitive to the sun
- Sun screen and lip balm
- Hat with a visor (a must for sun protection)
- Sunglasses with securing strap
- Cell Phones and Camera, carried at own risk
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS: Call us at
- If you prefer to put down a deposit to hold the trip give us a call. A minimum $15 per person deposit confirms your spot with the balance will be due no less than 48 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellations made 24 hours or more prior to departure receive a full refund less a $10 per person cancellation fee. Sorry no refunds within 24 hours of departure WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
- If you are concerned about the possibility of having to cancel, we strongly suggest you purchase trip cancellation insurance to protect your vacation investment.
- NAVTEC Expeditions assumes no financial responsibility for personal injury, emergency evacuation, or equipment lost in any way.