Technical difficulty moderate $160 Adult & $150 Youth
Rock of Ages is an obstacle-course of excitement tucked into a landscape of fins and petrified dunes. This route is a step back in time to a prehistoric age.
We start by hiking up the Pritchett Canyon 4x4 Road to a deep narrow canyon entering from the east. There are several minor obstacles climbing up that we will rope up for. After you climb out the top of the canyon turn around and look back at Chimney Arch and a magnificent large valley. Further up the canyon you will be surprised by Pool Arch. The opening is 90-feet high.
The drainage will hook around to the south and enter a short section of slot canyon. The slot canyon section is inspiring and contains several potholes that might require wading. The slot section ends at a 50-foot rappel. From the bottom of the 50-foot drop the canyon swings to the south and deposits you at the top of a 100-foot rappel. The bottom half of the rappel is free hanging and deposits you in a lush grotto.
We head back out the 4x4 trail to Moab. The total length of the trip is 5 miles long.
Call us toll free 1-800-833-1278
Your one-day Rock of Ages trip departs at 8:00 AM from NAVTEC Expeditions. Our office is located at 321 N. Main Street in Moab, UT. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. After a full day in the canyon we return to our office at about 3:00 PM. All ground transportation is included.Reservations are required certain trip minimums apply.
- 8:00 AM -- departure from NAVTEC office
- 3:00 PM -- return to NAVTEC Expeditions
||$160 Adult & $150 Youth (16 and under) + tax
- Technical gear (Harness, Helmets, Ropes)
- 3 rappels
- Quality buffet style lunch with ice water & lemonade
- Ground transportation from our office to the canyon and return
- Pick-up from your motel or campground, if needed
- Licensed experienced guide service
- Soft drinks (bring your own -- we provide a cooler and ice)
- Gratuities to guides
- Signature on required "Acknowledgement of Risk" form
|What to bring:
- Reusable water bottles (3 liters capacity per person)
- Small day pack
- Sturdy footwear, please no flip flops or hard soled hiking boots
- Head lamp
- Light colored clothing, long sleeve shirt and pants
- Spring and Fall base layers: long johns, and pull over fleece
- Hair tie for long hair
- Sun screen and lip balm
- Hat with a visor (a must for sun protection)
- Sunglasses with securing strap
- Cell Phones and Camera, carried at own risk
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS:
Call us at 1-800-833-1278
- If you prefer to put down a deposit to hold the trip give us a call. A minimum $15 per person deposit confirms your spot with the balance will be due no less than 48 hours prior to departure.
- Cancellations made 24 hours or more prior to departure receive a full refund less a $10 per person cancellation fee. Sorry no refunds within 24 hours of departure WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
- If you are concerned about the possibility of having to cancel, we strongly suggest you purchase trip cancellation insurance to protect your vacation investment.
- NAVTEC Expeditions assumes no financial responsibility for personal injury, emergency evacuation, or equipment lost in any way.